We offer opportunities to learn, grow, and make a real difference
PHARMACIST IN CHARGE (PIC)
At Key Compounding Pharmacy, we believe that integrity and accountability are the foundation for a genuine and lasting relationship with our customers. Part of our commitment is working honestly and ethically with our patients, their doctor, our team, and partners.
Key Compounding Pharmacy specializes in compounding high-quality custom, non-sterile and sterile medication that serves patients throughout the country. We take pride in our expertly trained staff of licensed technicians and staff pharmacists that maintain our standard of excellence.
Key Compounding Pharmacy is currently searching for an experienced and highly motivated Pharmacist In Charge (PIC) with excellent leadership skills. Our preferred candidate has experience in pharmacy management, sterile and non-sterile compounding, an understanding of how to organize and inspire a team, and a thorough comprehension of regulatory compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exceed all state and federal regulatory requirements at all times according to the US Pharmacopeia chapters related to compounding practice
- Create and propose new growth strategies through new product offerings and innovation
- Build a team of A players by designing and rolling out a training program for all pharmacy and lab staff
- Oversee and evaluate various compliance programs including the Continuous Quality Improvement program through PQC+, Simplifi797, and Environmental Monitoring
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be a strong, self-motivated leader that can inspire and empower a successful team
- Must be a visionary that is creative, innovative and enthusiastic
- Ability to hire A players with a successful track record of developing people
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and calm under pressure
- Excellent listening skills
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- Washington State Board of Pharmacy License (active and unrestricted)
- Ability to obtain pharmaceutical licensure in other states.
- 5+ years’ experience as a pharmacist, 2+ years’ management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced degree MBA; PharmD (Preferred)
- Previous Pharmacist-in-Charge (PIC) experience (Preferred)
Full Time Monday thru Friday
Are you looking for a new opportunity? Would you be interested in working with a select team of professional, skilled pharmacists, technicians, and assistants in a PCAB accredited compounding-only pharmacy and retail store located in a brand-new facility in a modern business park in Federal Way?
If so, then Key Compounding Pharmacy may be the place for you and we invite you to consider joining us. You will be working with some of the nicest, most compassionate people you could ever meet and you will be working closely with the pharmacy and lab team on a daily basis. We are not a chain or a massive organization. We are privately owned, we work hard, but we also have fun.
At Key Compounding Pharmacy, we strive to practice our principles and values in everything we do.
We collaboratively work to achieve common goals using effective and open communication while demonstrating respect and support for everyone.
We believe in and are dedicated to providing compassionate customer service and high quality customized compounds and nutrients to enhance the lives of those we serve.
We behave and communicate with honesty and moral principle at all times.
We consistently create a harmonious and productive environment by working together, treating everyone with dignity and showing appreciation for everyone’s contribution.
We are looking for a Pharmacy Assistant that can be effective in our pharmacy, nutrition center and shipping department.
Be Proactive can be defined as “Taking control and making things happen rather than just adjusting to a situation or waiting for something to happen.”
KCP’s example of Be Proactive is “Instead of reacting to or worrying about conditions over which we have little or no control, we focus our time and energy on things we can control.”
How to Apply
E-mail a request for a Key Compounding Pharmacy employment application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or download a job application form.
Key Compounding Pharmacy will e-mail you the employment application form.
Print out the application form, complete it and sign it.
Please mail your completed and signed application along with your resume to:
Key Compounding Pharmacy
Attention: Deanna Simons
530 South 336th Street, Federal Way, WA 98003
Key Compounding Pharmacy is an equal opportunity employer.
Ability to provide exceptional customer service to patients, physicians, and co-workers.
Ability to handle multi-line phones and administrative tasks such as filing.
Be willing to perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Must be motivated, a self-starter, and able to work independently or as a part of a team.
Minimum 1 Year customer service experience
Minimum 1 Year call center or medical reception experience
Let's Work Together
Key Compounding Pharmacy
We believe that only when people take charge of their health are they empowered to achieve a better quality of life. To improve our service, please take our customer survey.